I accidentally swallowed my AirPod and recorded a voice note from my stomach’

I accidentally swallowed my AirPod and recorded a voice note from my stomach’

A TikTok star shared how she accidentally swallowed one of her AirPods and was surprised to learn that it still worked from inside her stomach, which she discovered when she recorded a voice note

A woman accidentally swallowed one of her AirPods and was amazed to discover it still worked – which she learned when she tried to record a voice note and it captured the sound of her stomach.

TikTok star Carli B, @iamcarliiib, was going to bed when she grabbed a packet of painkillers and a glass of water, alongside her trusty Apple headphones.

She threw what she thought was an ibuprofen in her mouth and washed it down with some water, then was surprised to see the tablet was still in her hand.

Then she realised her mistake, that she had swallowed her AirPod, and when she went to record a voice note to tell her friend of the mistake she discovered it had recorded the sounds of her stomach instead.

Sharing the news on TikTok, Carli said: “For educational purposes here’s what happened when I mixed up my AirPod and an ibuprofen. Here to share awareness.

“I was crawling into bed, I had an Ibuprofen 800 in one hand and my f AirPod, my left earbud, in the other.

“I went to go put it in (the AirPod case) and I like threw something back and took my water bottle and took a sip and then realized it wasn’t ibuprofen and I tried puking it up.

“I was f losing my mind.”

Carli told the story in several videos, and in the second one she said that eventually she passed the AirPod and no damage was done.

She continued: “I have some updates – so I had an X-ray done a few hours ago and it revealed that the AirPod had passed.

“I had a feeling that it had but I just wanted to make sure.

“The AirPod that I still have, that is in its case was last seen 20 minutes ago when I took the screenshot and then the AirPod that was inside of me was last seen at 3:50am in Sommerville where I was at the time so that’s probably when the battery died.

“Everything is going good, I posted a video showing that the X-ray has shown that I already passed it, I had a feeling that I passed it.

“I did not retrieve it but I know that it’s passed and I know that it was in my stomach and no longer is and I know this from a very hilarious way.

“Before I disconnected the AirPod from my phone I played the ‘find my AirPod’ sound and faintly heard it from my stomach.

“So here is where I sent my friend a voice memo about how I ate my AirPod and he couldn’t hear it, even after he stepped outside, because it was in my stomach.

“I was unaware that it was still connected because my other AirPod was in its case, not connected to my phone.

“But the stomach pod was indeed connected and recording.

“It is honestly crazy enough that I am going viral on the Internet for doing something dumb.”

Many of Carli’s fans were amazed by her accident and commented on the video, questioning how she managed to mistake the two items.

One said: “My throat barely allows me to swallow a pill let alone an AirPod omg.”

And another added: “I mixed up an AirPod and some Reese’s pieces one time. Most expensive snack ever.”

qrdecodernet